Burning Legion's Return
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  DOWNLOADDOWNLOAD  Vote for Wc3LegionVote for Wc3Legion  

IceFrog Hints of Dota’s Future with Valve

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GameOverGR
Admin
GameOverGR

IceFrog Hints of Dota’s Future with Valve Empty
PostSubject: IceFrog Hints of Dota’s Future with Valve   IceFrog Hints of Dota’s Future with Valve I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:50 am

IceFrog recently announced a teamup with big gaming company Valve, the creator of such games as Counterstrike and Half-life. What this partnership entails is still unclear, but IceFrog promises to reveal more details soon. In the meantime I suspect more far reaching implications. IceFrog had already detached himself from Dota-Allstars.com and setup his own PlayDota.com portal, which is now considered the official Dota-Allstars website. I think it’s natural for IceFrog to scout for big companies to support his efforts in taking the game further.

Take a look at IceFrog’s statement:

Spoiler:

Now, as we all know (or if you don’t), Valve is the company behind Steam, a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform. Steam facilitates the distribution and sale of games through the Internet with over 20 million users and 800 different titles available. Four key components might play importantly in this partnership. One is Steamwork’s multiplayer lobby feature, a lobby system where players agree on game settings before joining a server, something we have yet to see in Dota. Another is a matchmaking system that automatically groups players based on a criteria. Steam’s social network, aptly called The Steam Community, is a place where players interact with each other, see player stats and history of gameplay. Lastly, Steam Cloud enables Steam users to store game settings and saves on a central server. Really, really exciting stuff here, but then again, all of this is pure speculation by me.

It may be a few weeks to a few months before we learn what IceFrog’s really up to. Whatever it is, I hope it will be awesome enough to give the community a much needed boost and fire up the game for years to come.
Back to top Go down
https://wc3legion.darkbb.com

IceFrog Hints of Dota’s Future with Valve
Page 1 of 1